By Mike M. Ahlers,
A 24-year-old Baltimore man was arrested at a major airport last week after 13 knives were discovered in his carry-on bag, authorities said Thursday.
The man, who said he collected knives, was charged with three counts relating to possessing knives in an airport, authorities said. He was not charged with any terror-related counts.
The incident occurred about 5:45 p.m. last Thursday at Baltimore-Washington International Airport near Baltimore.
Police identified the traveler as Amr Gamal Shedid, 24. Shedid was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous concealed weapon, one count of carrying an unauthorized weapon into an airport and one count of interfering with security procedures of the airport, said Sgt. Kirk Perez of the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.
Perez said the third count is a standard charge in incidents of this nature.
As of Thursday, Shedid was being held at the Anne Arundel County Detention Center in Annapolis, Maryland, on $10,000 bail, which was increased at a bail hearing this week from $2,600. Jail personnel did not have the name of Shedid’s attorney.
- Casey Anthony will be released from jail on July 13th
- Michigan Man Allegedly Caught On Tape Having Sex With Thoroughbred Horse
- Infant Wiped out Within Microwave oven: Ka Yang, California Woman, Blames Blackouts for Dying
- California Woman accused of cutting off husband’s penis held on $1 million bail
- Flight Stowaway convicted
Category: Crazy/ Weird/ Funny
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.