A new Gallup poll is out, measuring the well-being of the residents of America’s 50 states.
Here’s how the well-being ranking is determined. The score is an average of six categories: life evaluation, emotional health, work environment, physical health, healthy behaviors and access to basic necessities. The data was collected from January through June of 2011, and includes answers from 177,000 Americans.
More southern states than any other region have well-being scores in the lowest range. Eight of the bottom 11 states are from the South. Western states, on the other hand, score high in well-being, claiming four of the top seven states.
- 5 Tax-Friendly Contiguous US States for Retirees
- 10 Top States With The Fastest Internet Speeds
- States Where People Pay the Most (and Least) in Taxes
- State By State Child Wellness
- When Test Scores Soared in D.C., were the gains real?
Category: Health/ Food/ Diet
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.