It’s a big deal when the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety honors a vehicle with a Top Safety Pick designation, and now the 2012 Audi A6 and 2012 Volkswagen Passat can join the big deal club. The IIHS gave both VW Group vehicles the award after they received top scores in stringent front, side and rear impact testing. Both vehicles also feature electronic stability control; a must for any Top Safety Pick winner.
The last check mark any Top Pick needs is a top score in roof strength testing. Top Safety Picks need a roof that can withstand the pressure of four times the overall vehicle weight, and the IIHS says that the A6 can withstand 4.9 times its weight, while the Passat can withstand 6.3 times its weight.
- First drive: Personal transport from GM
- Russia’s Yo-Auto Concept Heads To Frankfurt With Amazing Doors
- Electric Audi A2 Concept Whirs Towards Frankfurt
- Chevy Fielding Pink Camaro For Safety, Charity
- Inside The Tech-Lover’s Dream Car
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.