The Grammy-winning band sued the companies in June, claiming they used the band’s music to sell pizza and power tools. The companies separately denied the band’s allegations in court documents filed Thursday and Friday in Los Angeles.
The Black Keys claim The Home Depot Inc. used elements of its hit “Lonely Boy” in an ad for power tools. The band accuses Pizza Hut Inc. of using elements of the song “Gold On the Ceiling” to sell a cheesy crust pizza.
- Black Keys, Nickelback: Band Gives Worst Apology Of All Time
- Paypal rolls out test of in-store payments at Home Depot
- Did X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos send home The Keys for being too posh?
- Medical Pot User Turned In By Pizza Delivery Man
- Home Depot Founder Knocks Obama’s Business Adviser, Says