Speaking with E! Online at the Dannijo and Tucker Tea event in Los Angeles on Thursday night, Greer — best known as Kitty on “Arrested Development” — said that Moretz’s portrayal of the telekinetic-powered title teen in “Carrie” is heartbreaking.
“Chloe’s performance — and this is literal — has brought me to tears on set,” she said. “She’s made me cry because I find her performance to be incredibly moving. I’m feeling a lot of compassion for her.”
Moretz was cast in Kimberly Peirce’s remake of “Carrie” back in March. Before being hired, she was in competition with a bunch of young actresses ranging from Dakota Fanning and Lily Collins to lesser-knowns like Bella Heathcote and Haley Bennett.
In addition to Greer and Moretz, “Carrie” stars Julianne Moore and Portia Doubleday. The film is another adaptation of Stephen King’s famed horror novel; Brian De Palma directed the first big-screen version with Sissy Spacek in the lead role.
- ‘The Carrie Diaries’: AnnaSophia Robb As Carrie Bradshaw
- Courtney Stodden And Dakota Fanning Are The Same Age
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Carrie Ann Inaba Says There’s No Feud With Maks
- Elle Fanning Debuts Red Hair!
- TOWIE’s Chloe Sims is the belle of the ball at TV Quick Awards