The Securities and Exchange Commission says DeCinces received an insider tip in late 2008 that Advanced Medical Optics would be acquired by Abbott Laboratories Inc. The SEC says he bought shares of Advanced Medical Optics through brokerage accounts while his source updated him on the deal’s progress. He shared the information with three associates who also made illegal trades, the SEC says.
DeCinces agreed to pay $2.5 million to settle the case without admitting or denying guilt. The three associates also settled.
DeCinces is a former third-baseman who played 15 seasons for the Baltimore Orioles, the California Angels, and the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Greed and technology tempt insider trading culprits
- World Markets look to Monday Trading With a U.S. debt deal finally in sight
- Morgan Stanley’s trading revenue up; stock soars
- Ame Deal, 10, Killed For Taking Popsicle; 4 Family Members Charged
- John Edwards charged in felony indictment
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.