Giuliana Rancic appeared on the “Today Show” Friday morning to talk about her progress post double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. The E! Newshost, who returned to work earlier this week just two weeks after her surgery, had displayed a transparency and openness about the process that touched many who followed the story, but told Matt Lauer that it hadn’t been easy.
Rancic described the physical difficulties she still faced — including fastening her seat belt and raising her arms above her head — but insisted for the most part that returning to work was with the doctor’s blessing. Rancic also said she had opted to stop taking morphine for the pain because it had made her ill.
The 36-year-old first appeared on the “Today Show” in October to reveal the news that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer in the midst of one of her fertility treatment sessions, which had been well-documented on the Style Network show “Giuliana & Bill.”
- 8 New Inspiring Developments In The Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Film slams “pink-washing ‘campaigns for breast cancer
- Alice Crisci:Pregnancy After Breast Cancer
- Raymond Johnson Refused Federal Aid For Cancer Of The Breast Because He’s A Guy
- Breast cancer: `Silent killer` on the rise
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.