Former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain says that he has considered terminating his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination twice beforewinning the “Presidency 5″ straw poll in Florida over the weekend, according to Chris Moody at Yahoo! News.
“The thing that I’ve learned about myself in this campaign — because I’ve never had this happen to me before on a single challenge — is that I’ve gone to the brink, ready to pull the plug, but came back, twice,” Cain said.
Cain won the Florida straw poll with roughly 37 percent of the vote, coming out on top of Texas Governor Rick Perry, who many expected to win the test of conservative strength, by more than 20 points.
Cain also addressed SNL’s GOP debate parody, saying he “loved” the show’s spoof of his presidential campaign. He even said he may adopt the slogan actor Kenan Thompson used while portraying Cain in the parody: “I will deliver.”
- Herman Cain 2012 campaign concealed gay adviser’s role: testimony
- Straw Poll Ahead,Lesser-known Candidates Working Hard In Iowa
- Report:Herman Cain: Impeaching Obama Would Be ‘a Great Thing’
- Straw Poll Will Be Test Of Organization For Presidential Campaigns
- Iowa’s Ames Straw Poll is flattering but not telling for GOP candidates
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.