Anonymous sources have told Pocket-lint that Sony will be allowing rival smartphone maker HTC to have PlayStation Certification for its devices. An official announcement is expected at MWC at the end of the month, with devices able to play PSOne games and access to the Android-flavor of the Sony Entertainment Network. Former SCE Chairman (now company president) Kaz Hirai introduced the program open to non-Sony devices at AsiaD last year, possibly to the raised eyebrows of those in the company’s revamped mobile division
- Kazuo Hirai to be named President of Sony, Howard Stringer to remain CEO
- Sony PlayStation Will Return After The Security Breach
- Sony cuts price of PlayStation 3 by $50 to $249
- Weak Sony TV Sales, Strong Yen, Thai Floods Blamed For Company’s Huge Projected Loss
- Microsoft At Consumer Electronics Show 2012: New Phones, Same Struggle For Customers
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.