The Highway Loss Data Institute has rolled out its latest figures on vehicle theft, and the crew from CarBuzz have taken the time to compile a list of the 10 models most and least likely to be stolen based on the number of claims per 1,000 vehicles. It should come as no surprise to hear that the Cadillac Escalade once again takes the honor of the most stolen of them all, followed quickly by a bevy of full-size pickup trucks, including the Ford F-250 Crew 4×4 and the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew. In fact, the only two cars to break the top 10 most stolen vehicles are the Chrysler 300 at number six and the Chrysler 300 Hemi at number 10.
Meanwhile, the Audi A6 has managed to rank as the least-stolen vehicle, followed by the Mercury Marinerand the Chevrolet Equinox. Surprisingly enough, the Volkswagen CC, Lexus RX 350 and Mini Cooper Clubman all got a nod as grand theft auto untouchables.
- Chevy boasts about Caprice PPV performance in Michigan State Police test
- Chevy trucks give the silent treatment:AdSpotting
- Audi A6 And VW Passat Earn Pair Of IIHS Top Safety Picks
- Group Seeks National Registry For Historic Cars
- Audi A2 Concept Is An Utterly Fantastical Electric Car, With Lasers
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.