It’s no accident that Koobe’s Jin Yong Reader bears a striking resemblance to Kyobo’s eReader and Shanda’s Bambook which we toyed with back at CES. But while those e-readers brought Mirasol to their respective South Korean and Chinese markets, Koobe’s entrant will do the same for Taiwan. As for the trio’s striking resemblance, know that they’re all based on the same Qualcomm-heavy reference hardware, which pairs a 1GHz Snapdragon S2 with a 5.7-inch 1024 x 728 XGA Mirasol display. For those unaware, the addition of the latter part means the e-readers boast limited color on their non-backlit displays, all while retaining an E Ink-like low power draw. The trinity also feature a highly customized layer atop Gingerbread, and in Koobe’s case, come pre-loaded with 15 novels by, you guessed it, Jin Yong. Naturally, pricing and exact availability have yet to be announced, but we’re told they’ll be available “soon.” PR for those interested awaits after the break.
- WH Smith, to take on Amazon eBook reader, and access to 2.2million titles
- The fresh generation of Xperia Mini launched by Sony Ericsson
- Understanding Color Perception: Is Your ‘Red’ The Same As My ‘Red?’
- WTF Taiwanese Animation Treatment Gets ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Trailer
- WikiLeaks Says,Chinese Finance Minster Jin Renqing And Taiwanese Spy Had Affair
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.