MILWAUKEE — Cardinals manager Tony La Russa says a fan told him he hoped he would get shingles again and that others took insults too far in St. Louis’ 8-7, 11-inning victory over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday night.
La Russa appeared to briefly engage in some banter after the game, and called the fans “idiots” in his comments after a game in which Albert Pujols was hit with a high pitch in the seventh inning and Brewers star Ryan Braun was plunked in Milwaukee’s next at-bat.
La Russa says that Brewers officials removed several fans near St. Louis’ dugout during the game. The 66-year-old La Russa struggled with shingles for over a month earlier this season, missing six games because of the condition.
- Oops! Tony La Russa turns in wrong lineup
- Pujols Reaches 2000-Hit Mark In Cardinals Victory
- Alcohol, drugs factors in fatal Coors Field fall
- Thome hits 597th home run for Twins
- News For:Jered Weaver Ejection: Angels Ace Snaps After Getting Thrown Out
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.