Women’s Wear Daily reports that Madonna has been hit with a lawsuit by L.A. Triumph Inc. for the name of her “Material Girl” clothing line and that Madge’s request to throw out the lawsuit has been denied.
In the suit, first filed a year ago, California brand L.A. Triumph claimed it has been selling a clothing line called “Material Girl” since 1997. Therefore, writes WWD, it arguably hold trademark rights stemming from first use.
If Madge ends up having to rename the line, we recommend that she return to her musical catalog for inspiration. “Express Yourself” has a nice ring to it. Or she could capitalize on a major fall trendand go with “Lucky Star.” And of course, “True Blue” would work if she decided to focus on denim.
- Madonna Happy Birthday:The ‘Material Girl’ Turns 53
- Jessica Simpson To Launch Diamond Jewellery Collection
- Top Ten Memorable VMA Moments – From Britney Spears To Madonna
- A Snooki Clothing Line Is In The Works
- Urban Outfitters is Getting Sued for $28M for This T-Shirt
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.