The discovery sheds light on why members of the so-called stronger sex succumb to “man-flu” as scientists believe their immune systems are no match for those of wives and girlfriends because of the female X-chromosome.
Study leader Dr Claude Libert, from Ghent University in Belgium, said: “Statistics show that in humans, as with other mammals, females live longer than males and are more able to fight off shock episodes from sepsis, infection or trauma.
- Neanderthal Sex ‘Helped Human Race’
- Key Discovery Helps Scientists Understand How Cancer Spreads
- South Korean Scientists Create Glowing Dog: Report
- Scientists Discover How Cancers Generate Muscle-Like Contractions To Spread Around The Body
- Scientists Determined By Dinosaurs Temperatures
Category: Sex / Relationships
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.