If the standard Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG is too subdued for you, AMG reportedly has a fix in the works. Mercedes execs recently confirmed to Motor Trend that a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series will soon be a reality. We like this. We like this a lot.
In significantly lamer news, the same execs also said the street-legal version of the SLS AMG GT3 will not make it to this side of the pond. Apparently, the enormous cost of certifying the car for the U.S. isn’t worth it, given its extremely low volume.
As for the SLS AMG E-Cell, ze Germans still haven’t decided whether that’s coming here yet. The reason, again, is the cost of certifying versus sales volume. The car is slated to go on sale in late 2012 in Europe, and be a good bit heavier and more expensive than the gas burner.
- Google Exec Praises “Magical Software” Working In His Mercedes-Benz
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe DTM AMG OMG
- Mercedes F-125! Previews A Plug-In Hydrogen Future
- 2012 Mercedes B-Class Gets Big-Car Features
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz Viano Vision Pearl Concept Is A Van For VVVIPs
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.