Sounding off in Grazia as well as the Guardian, Rickey’s campaign was to bring the blockbuster “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibit, which originally showed this summer at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art, back to London to show in McQueen’s hometown.
Now it looks like Rickey and 2,300 other petitioners’ prayers may be answered. According to the Telegraph, McQueen reps have confirmed that they are in fact looking into various venues in London for the “Savage Beauty,” saying:
“We have been in discussion with a number of major venues in London for some time now however nothing has been finalized. Please be assured that an official announcement will be made the moment we confirm our plans for London.”
Whichever British museum gets to play host to the designer’s retrospective will have hit the jackpot:”Savage Beauty” exhibit broke records at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, attracting over 650,000 attendees and becoming the museum’s most visited fashion exhibition to date.
After staggering success at the Met, we’re sure that the exhibit will do the same across the pond. And when it does… well, there’s a good chance we’ll be on the next flight to London. After all, what if Kate Middleton shows up to pay respect to one of her fave designer’s work?
- Report:Rickey Grazia Editor-At-Large, Launches Campaign To Bring Alexander McQueen Exhibition To London
- Report:London Fashion Capital Of World, Study Reveals
- McQueen’s Will Shows His Love For Dogs,
- Rethink Los Angeles Exhibit At The Architecture And Design Museum
- Kate Middleton’s Wedding Dress to Draw Record Crowds to London Palace
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.