He’s already goofed the world with his characters on “Da Ali G Show,” and caused cultural ruckuses with “Borat” and “Bruno,” so now he’s taking the next logical step: wading into the most sensitive of international politics. And if one man can spoof the brutal regime of a dictator — and somehow even make him likable — it’s got to be this lanky British mastermind.
Enter “The Dictator,” Baron Cohen’s latest film. He plays a North African dictator named General Aladeen, a combination of such deposed despots as Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi who gets sent to the United States, and from the look of this first trailer, relies less on a culture clash than exaggerating the awful things a power hungry, egomaniacal dictator might do to make sure he holds on tight to his rule. And, remarkably, it’s hilarious.
- New Elizabeth Olsen, John Hawkes Film Gets New Look:’Martha Marcy May Marlene’ Trailer
- Baseball, Stats, Brad Pitt, And Jonah Hill: Second ‘Moneyball’ Trailer
- Lucasfilm Debuts Red Tails Trailer, Sets January Release Date
- ‘New Year’s Eve’ Trailer: Zac Efron, Ashton Kutcher, Lea Michele
- ‘The Hunger Games’ Teaser Trailer Debuts At The VMAs!
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.