In opening statements Friday, prosecutors said 31-year-old Jeff Stenroos accidentally shot himself while patrolling a high school, but lied about it, saying he’d been shot while wearing a bulletproof vest.
Stenroos is facing a non-jury trial on charges of preparing a false police report, planting false evidence and other counts stemming from his Jan. 19 report. Some 9,000 students were held in their schools for hours while hundreds of police officers searched for a gunman.
- Judge Sentences Indiana Teen To 35 Years In Prison In School Shooting
- New Orleans Police Convicted In Post-Katrina Shooting Case
- Report:LA County High School Drop Out Rate
- Report:Arid Uka, Frankfurt Airport Shooting Suspect, Set For trial
- School Voucher Students’ Scores Show No Significant
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.