That Japan-exclusive Pikachu clamshell might be slightly out of reach for US buyers, but starting today they can pick up a regular 3DS XL to the tune of $200. The oversized Nintendo handheld surpasses its predecessor in just about every category, shining through our review gauntlet with more battery life, a more comfortable grip and a more luxurious screen. On top of the usual fare, US buyers will also receive a power adapter, a necessary accessory that was oddly left out of the Japanese and European releases. Oh, and if you’re looking for something new to play on that shiny hardware, New Super Mario Bros. 2hits the US eShop today as well.
- List of Free Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Games
- Nintendo launches serial number checker for 3DS Ambassador Program
- Nintendo seeks to rev up 3DS popularity with array of holiday games
- Super Mario Siblings perform swing dance, filled with nostalgic seem effects
- Nintendo 3DS’s Extra Controller-Button Criticized As Possible Design Flaw