Rethink LA, an innovative new exhibit at theArchitecture & Design Museum, dares to envision a new metropolis where health, environmental consciousness, and community are the forces that shape LA’s urban development. The organizers behind Rethink LA are visionaries, activists, artists, designers and architects asking two questions: “Where are we going?” and “how will we get there?”
The exhibit has sound installations, short films, 3D models, and interactive displays. Its showpiece, however, is a series of photographs that capture the city’s most iconic locations. The photos are then transformed by artists and architecture firms into a collage that re-imagines the space fifty years into the future. Highways become grassy parks, the Sunset Strip has double monorails, and the Venice canals become a river village.
Visit Rethink LA to immerse yourself in a city that could be. Then get inspired to walk outside and take on the city as it is.
- Los Angeles Date Night At LACMA
- 405 Closure , 405 Freeway Closure , 405 Highway Closure , Carmageddon , Los Angeles Metro , Los Angeles Public Transportation , Pch , Sepulveda , Los Angeles News
- Schwarzenegger museum opens in Arnie’s birthplace
- MLK Memorial: A ‘Made In China’ Design Comes To DC
- The Lengthy, Colorful Good reputation for MTV’s Logo design
Category: Crazy/ Weird/ Funny
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.