Rezwan Ferdaus terror plot: 26-year-old U.S. citizen, charged with plotting attack on pentagon, U.S. capitol
The Boston Globe reveals the name of the suspect as Rezwan Ferdaus, a U.S. citizen who was charged with “attempting to provide material support and resources to a foreign terrorist organization, specifically to al Qaeda…”
“The conduct alleged today shows that Mr. Ferdaus had long planned to commit violent acts against our country,” U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz said in a press release, which was linked off of Michael van Poppel’s Twitter account. “Thanks to the diligence of the FBI and our many other law enforcement partners, that plan was thwarted.”
TPM adds that Ferdaus allegedly traveled to our nation’s capital last May, gathering pictures of his proposed targets.
More from the AP:
According to the federal affidavit, Ferdaus began planning “jihad” against the U.S. in early 2010. He allegedly believed he would have a large psychological impact by killing Americans, whom he described as “enemies of Allah.”
- Obama Says ‘Lone Wolf’ Terror Attack More Likely Than Major Coordinated Attack
- Spain Frees Mexican in Alleged Gas Attack Plot on Anti-Pope Crowd
- India says terror attack kills 10, injures 54
- AWOL Soldier Naser Abdo Charged In Fort Hood Bomb Plot
- ‘Lone wolf’ terror attack biggest US worry: Barack Obama
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.