In a GOP presidential debate held last week, which was Perry’s first of the election season since announcing his candidacy, the Texas governor stood by a charge he makes in his book describing Social Security as a “Ponzi scheme.” In taking aim at the 80-year-old program he argued, “You cannot keep the status quo in place.”
Despite criticism from both sides of the aisle, Perry has not relented on his claim. In an interview with Time this week he said of Social Security, “If you want to call it a Ponzi scheme, if you want to say it’s a criminal enterprise, if you just want to say it’s broken — they all get to the same point.”
- Rick Perry social security Op-Ed: ‘we must have the guts’ to discuss state of program
- Sarah Palin Reacts To Rick Perry’s Harsh Remarks On Social Security
- Rick Perry, Mitt Romney locked in cage match on social security following California debate
- Rick Perry aide gives clues to his plans for social security
- Republican voters support social security, but question future benefits
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.