On Monday, Schultz played footage of Perry seeming to refer to President Obama as a “big black cloud” over America. Schultz said this was evidence of latent racism in the Republican field. In fact, Perry was talking about the debt, not Obama. On Tuesday, Schultz acknowledged his mistake–but stressed that he thinks there is ample evidence to bolster his claim that Perry is trying to smear Obama.
“Last night we played a clip of Governor Perry talking about the debt being a ‘big black cloud’ over this country,” he said. “We did not present the full context of those statements and we should’ve…no doubt about it, it was a mistake and we regret the error. On this particular statement, we should not have included it in our coverage of his overheated rhetoric. That’s our mistake. The full context of all of these other statements show who he is and what he stands for.”
- News For Would The Old Rick Perry Be Calling For Governor Perry To Resign?
- Texas Governor Rick Perry entry roils White House race
- As Rick Perry Looms, Michele Bachmann Presses Faith In GOP Race
- Murdoch Apologizes for wrongdoing
- Rick Perry’s College Transcript A Warning To All Aspiring Politicians
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.