This is the all-new Skoda Citigo, and if you’re thinking that it looks rather familiar, that’s because its Volkswagen-badged kin recently debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. That’s right, the long-rumored Skoda version of Volkswagen’s new Up! city car has finally arrived.
Buyers will have a choice of two 1.0-liter three-cylinder engines – one with 59 horsepower, the other with a 74 hp and a blistering 106 mph top speed – both mated to a five-speed manual transmission. Powerful they are not, but these three-bangers should prove to be extremely efficient, with Skoda quoting fuel economy numbers of 62.8 and 60.1 miles per gallon, respectively (on the European cycle).
- Skoda Sales Show No Sign Of Slowing Down
- Volkswagen on the rise with a variety of Up! concepts
- Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid Headed For Detroit, Coupe Hopes Dead
- 2012 Volkswagen up! finally ready for production
- Volkswagen Introduces NILS Concept Before Frankfurt
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.