Kristen Wiig as Del Rey stopped by “Weekend Update” to chat with Seth Meyers about the backlash, and credited her detractors with being absolutely right. “Based on the public’s response, I must have clubbed a baby seal while singing the Taliban national anthem.”
She went on to say that critics were right to take her to task for changing her name and for not being seasoned enough to perform on the show: “The music stage on ‘Saturday Night Live’ is hallowed ground, and I failed to reach the high bar set by past guests like Bubba Sparxxx, The Baha Men and Shaggy.”
- Singer Lana Del Rey: I Still Babysit When I’m Home
- Jim Cornelison National Anthem Chicago Bears/Atlanta Falcon
- Jimmy Fallon, ‘SNL’ Stars Ice Skate At Rockefeller Center
- Lopez, Anthony appear together to promote television project
- Fugitive former lawmaker returns to Indonesia
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.