Sony Ericsson is looking to start a bromance with the McTwist-loving, Double-Cork-landing, A-Frame-riding masses jonesing for a new Android device. The handset maker has announced a “global strategic alliance” with Billabong to launch the Xperia Active Billabong Edition smartphone in select markets. The handset will come preloaded with exclusive content, including Billabong screen savers, and bundle several Billabong-branded games and applications. As the two companies tell it, the Xperia ABE is the “ideal smartphone for extreme sports enthusiasts.” Accordingly, Sony Ericsson hardware is about to start making appearances at various “major” Billabong events. Unfortunately, this next bit is really going to harsh your mello: the hardware is identical to that of the Xperia Active announced back in June, complete with a single-core 1GHz processor, Gingerbread, a 3-inch Reality display and a five-megapixel shooter. Even with its no-so-extreme spec sheet, we give SE a gnar-lay for effort.
- The fresh generation of Xperia Mini launched by Sony Ericsson
- Sony Itches To Return To Mobile Arms Race
- Weak Sony TV Sales, Strong Yen, Thai Floods Blamed For Company’s Huge Projected Loss
- Sony PlayStation Vita First Day Sales Fall Short Of Rival, But Sony Thinks Longterm
- Sony VAIO series get minor processor refresh, Z series grabs LTE option on the way
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.