JAKARTA, Indonesia (AP) — A suicide bomber attacked an Indonesian church packed with hundreds of worshippers Sunday, killing himself and wounding at least 20 other people, police and hospital officials said.
Indonesia, a secular nation of 237 million, has been hit by a string of suicide bombings blamed on the al-Qaida-linked network Jemaah Islamiyah and its offshoots since 2002, when a strike on two Bali nightclubs killed 202 people, most of them foreign tourists.
Subsequent attacks have been far less deadly, however, and the last occurred more than two years ago, thanks to a security crackdown that led the arrests and convictions of hundreds of Islamic militants.
- BBC Reporter Killed In Afghanistan Suicide Attack
- India says terror attack kills 10, injures 54
- LAPD Saves Guy From Suicide Attempt
- Suicide bomber kills 7 in Pakistan’s northwest
- Police say bomb in northwest Pakistan kills 5
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.