Whitney Calk, a PETA employee who recently moved to Murfreesboro, Tenn., from Virginia, wanted her license plate to “inspire conversation about the benefits of a vegan diet” and eating foods like tofu, according to PETA spokeswoman Kristin Richards.
“Tofu is wholesome. What’s ‘vulgar’ is the way that animals used for food suffer on factory farms, in slaughterhouses, and on the decks of fishing boats,” PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman said in a statement.
Calk’s license plate request is not original. In 2009, a Colorado woman failed in her attempts to have the same wording put on her personalized license plate over concerns that it could be seen as obscene.
- Brooke Hogan Nude For PETA In A Dog Cage
- George Clooney’s ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis goes naked for Peta
- Hazing is alive and well at Tennessee Titans camp
- Reaction To Tennessee Coach Pat Summitt Announcing Her Diagnosis Of Early Onset Dementia
- Car-loving ‘visionary’ to become Renault COO
Category: Crazy/ Weird/ Funny
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.