LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) – Michael Showers, the “Treme” actor who was found dead in the Mississippi River on Wednesday, died of drowning, the Orleans Parish coroner’s office announced on Friday, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune.
Showers was pulled from the river near New Orleans’ French Quarter on Wednesday, after the captain of the Steamboat Natchez saw the actor’s body floating in the Mississippi. He had been reported missing by his girlfriend, Melinda Carlos, the night before.
Showers had a recurring role as police Capt. John Guidry on the HBO series “Treme,” which follows New Orleans residents’ efforts to rebuild their lives after Hurricane Katrina. On Thursday, series creator David Simon called Showers “a fine actor who contributed his talents to our drama in the warmest and most professional way.”
- ‘Treme’ Actor’s Body Found Floating on Mississippi River
- Former NFL Player, Actor ‘Bubba’ Smith Found Dead
- Husband Of ‘Real Housewives’ Star Taylor Armstrong Found Dead
- Ex-major League Pitcher Hideki Irabu Found Dead Of Apparent Suicide
- Actor Scott Speedman Is Not Such A Good Neighbor
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.