Spokesman Guillaume Ngefa said Thursday that the killings happened in areas loyal to former strongman Laurent Gbagbo. He says a 17-month-old child was killed.
Gbagbo’s refusal to cede power after losing a November poll plunged the country into months of violence that killed thousands. He was arrested in April by forces loyal to President Alassane Ouattara.
Gbagbo and his wife are in custody and have not been charged. Earlier this week Gbagbo’s son and 11 others were charged over their postelection activities. No member of Ouattara’s group has been charged.
Presidential spokesman Alain Kakou said he did not know about the alleged executions and declined to comment further.
- Ivory Coast president announces human rights investigation
- Civil War in Ivory Coast and the World Can’t notice
- Pakistani official: 200 militants wiped out in month
- NATO: 3 Service Members Killed in Afghanistan
- Dozens Killed in Yemen As Fighting Intensifies
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.