General Motors auctioned off a special 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 to the public at this weekend’s Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas auction for an estimated price of $250,000. Proceeds from the sale go to the YMCA of Southern Nevada, so the winner shouldn’t feel guilty about laying down the heavy cash on what will inevitably become a highly collectible automobile. The car in question will be the 69th ZL1 produced, and will be the only one finished in the Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color.
With its supercharged 6.2-liter V8, the 2012 Camaro ZL1 delivers 580 horsepower and over 550 pound-feet of torque. A six-speed manual transmission is standard, as are programmable launch control for drag-strip glory and adjustable magnetic shocks for precise handling. The winning bidder gets to pick up ZL1 #69 next spring. Head over to the Barrett-Jackson site for more information.
- 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 To Pack 580 Hp
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Gets “Behind The Scenes” ad Treatment
- Chevy Expects Over Half Of All Camaro ZL1 Models To Be Automatic
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma Gets Price Increase, Starts At $16,875*
- 2012 Ram Pickup Range Updated With New Gearbox, Added Power
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.