Excitement is running high ahead of the October launch of the iPhone 5, higher perhaps than it has been prior to any iPhone launch. To wit, a new study that shows unprecedented demand for the next iteration of Apple’s smartphone.
A survey of 2,200 consumers taken in August by ChangeWave for RBC Capital Markets shows 31 percent of respondents very or somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 5 — significantly more than the 25 percent who said they were very or somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 4 ahead of its launch. And that percentage is quite a bit higher among current iPhone owners; 66 percent of existing iPhone users say they are very or somewhat likely to buy the iPhone 5.
- iPhone 5 now rumored to launch October 7
- Apple iPhone 5 Actually Launching in October, Not September?
- China Telecom plans to launch iPhone near year-end
- iPhone 5 In September, Cheaper iPhone 4 Coming?
- iPhone 5 rumour points again to September 2011 release date
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.