Carlos, whose real name is Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, is serving a life sentence for the 1975 murders of two French secret agents and an alleged informer. He gained notoriety as the Cold War-era mastermind of deadly bombings, killings and hostage dramas.
Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro said on state television that Venezuelan authorities make “permanent contacts to support” the Venezuelan. He didn’t detail the assistance provided by Venezuelan officials.
Venezuela’s Communist Party has urged the government to seek Ramirez’s repatriation. Asked about efforts by some Venezuelans to have Ramirez brought back to the country, Maduro said: “They’re delicate issues that must be dealt with, let’s say, carefully.”
- In Venezuela crime spree, even hospitals are hit
- Venezuelan lawmakers OK Chavez’s plan to return to Cuba for chemotherapy.
- Phone taps target Chavez opponents in Venezuela
- Brazil president offers cancer treatment to Venezuela’s Hugo Chavez
- Venezuela’s Chavez Strongly Identifies With Gadhafi, Sees Cautionary Tale In Libya’s Conflict
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.