Life ain’t easy at the top. And, if you’re Volkswagen, struggling to shove past both Toyota and General Motors on your way to becoming the world’s largest automaker, it’s not cheap, either. Says Martin Winterkorn, CEO of the gigantic conglomerate:
The Volkswagen Group is investing a record amount in forward-looking projects to achieve its goal of becoming the world’s best automobile manufacturer… Top of the agenda for us are investments in environmentally friendly, sustainable models and drives.
Just what does “a record amount” equate to? A whopping $86.4 billion dollars (62.4 billion euros). And that doesn’t include Volkswagen’s two Chinese ventures, which will tack on an additional $19.1 billion (14 billion euros).
- Portugal banks granted 12 billion euros to bailout
- VW’s “Fun Theory” applied to seatbelt use
- White House Requests More Than $5 Billion In Disaster Relief Funds
- FEMA puts long-term rebuilding on hold after Irene
- Africa drought puts millions at critical health risks
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.