The lawsuit, filed in a San Jose, California federal court, marks the first major legal battle among technology giants in social media and a major escalation of patent litigation that has already swept up the smartphone and tablet sectors and high-tech stalwarts such as Apple Inc, Microsoft Corp and Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc.
Yahoo’s patent lawsuit follows Facebook’s announcement of plans for an initial public offering that could value the company at about $100 billion. A Facebook spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday.
- Apple sues Motorola in the U.S. over Qualcomm patent license
- Apple pays $5 million in patent infringement settlement
- Yahoo Prepping Layoffs That Could Affect Thousands:Report
- Apple files new patent complaint against HTC
- HTC Sues Apple Over Everything
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.